By Marion Cottingham
VBA is the foremost to Automating Your paintings and Reusability in AutoCAD...
...and learning AutoCAD VBA unlocks the secrets and techniques to VBA programming, educating you every thing you must comprehend to put in writing macros, customise your interface, or even advance autonomous functions that would pace your paintings and increase your effects. Written in particular for AutoCAD clients, this ebook is stuffed with particular examples that regularly stroll you thru the handbook techniques to projects, then exhibit you—step by way of step—the VBA ideas that could get you there speedier. assurance includes:
- Creating, debugging, and modifying code utilizing the visible simple Editor
- Using variables and constants to shop information
- Writing code utilizing AutoCAD item homes, tools, and occasion procedures
- Repeating sections of code and designing code to be run conditionally
- Creating drawings from macros
- Automating projects with templates and VBA macros
- Developing home windows functions to interface with AutoCAD
- Adding new menu instructions in your AutoCAD environment
- Setting grid and snap spacing from a macro
- Combining primitive solids utilizing union, intersection, and subtraction
- Creating solids utilizing extrusion and revolution
- Performing hidden-line elimination and rendering
- Creating ActiveX controls for replacing info with different applications
- Using AutoCAD 2000i's net gains to upload/download net files
- Readying drawings for the web utilizing the "Publish to net" wizard
- Using links in drawings that result in neighborhood or Web
Read or Download Mastering AutoCAD VBA PDF
Similar visual basic books
If you’re new to the visible C++/CLI language, simple and straightforward, this booklet is for you. The softwareworld is altering, and studying a brand new language is difficult adequate with no getting unnecessarilybogged down with a fancy set of outdated applied sciences sooner than you know about the hot ones. If you’re an skilled visible C++ or controlled Extension for C++ programmer, this e-book isalso for you.
Interactive net maps generated via MapPoint-Microsoft's well known mapping expertise are an important for companies in a few fields, together with actual property, package deal supply, and advertisement air commute. In a note, MapPoint offers companies with "location. " particularly, it offers an built-in set of goods, servers, and companies to let a company to trace the perfect place of distant resources, thereby decreasing operational charges and enhancing productiveness.
This distinct name is going past easily utilizing educational snippets of code to illustrate some extent or language build to coach visible easy. internet. Designed for the start, self-taught, or maybe skilled programmers who're switching to Microsoft visible easy. web from different languages, this e-book offers insights.
Dig into LINQ -- and remodel how you paintings with info. With LINQ, you could question information from numerous assets -- together with databases, gadgets, and XML records -- at once from Microsoft visible simple or C#. Guided by way of data-access specialists who have labored intensive with LINQ and the Microsoft improvement groups, you will find out how .
- Beginning Visual Basic 6 Database Programming
- Microsoft visual basic 2010 : for Windows, Web, and office applications complete
- Pro ASP.NET 4.5 in VB
- Murach's ADO.NET 3.5, LINQ, and the Entity Framework with C# 2008
- Professional Design Patterns in VB.NET: Building Adaptable Applications
- Visual Basic .NET: tips & techniques
Additional resources for Mastering AutoCAD VBA
Ensure that UserForm1’s window is open and selected. 2. Choose the Run ➜ Sub/UserForm menu command. 3. Test that your application is working by entering a value into one of the text boxes and clicking the Convert button. Verify that the results are what you expect. Repeat this verification for the other text box. 4. 9. qxd 3/19/01 9:20 AM Page 25 DEVELOPING YOUR FIRST APPLICATION Saving Your Application The IDE has one Save command on the File menu. The exact wording of this command depends on whether you have previously saved your project.
1. You’ll need to follow the instructions in the “Loading VBA Project Files” section in Chapter 2. In the listings throughout the book, the numbers preceding each line of code are not part of the actual code. They are provided to help you follow the discussions in the Analysis sections. 1 quite straightforward. This Analysis section has been included to take you through it line by line. • Line 1 is the opening statement and declares the CommandButton1_Click event procedure. The code in this event procedure will be executed when the user clicks the Convert command button.
The default Name properties of these controls are TextBox2, Label3, and Label4. 7. Drag and drop a command button (shown here) from the Toolbox onto the UserForm, placing it below the second text box. The default Name and Caption properties of this command button are both CommandButton1. qxd 16 3/19/01 9:20 AM Page 16 CHAPTER ONE • DEVELOPING A SIMPLE VBA APPLICATION 8. Drag and drop a second command button and place it directly below the first. The Name and Caption properties of this command button are—you guessed it—CommandButton2.
Mastering AutoCAD VBA by Marion Cottingham