By Robert F. Spetzler, Douglas S. Kondziolka, Randall T. Higashida, M. Yashar S. Kalani
Vascular malformations of the mind and backbone pose many administration demanding situations. this article presents a accomplished, state of the art assessment of the traditional background, cures, and results of sufferers with those stipulations. regardless of their relative rarity, those lesions are answerable for devastating damage to contributors and will reason a permanent actual, mental, and financial burden on sufferers and households. Many new healing innovations at the moment are to be had with the appearance of novel surgical, endovascular, and radiosurgical concepts. the fundamental sciences have fuelled improvement of small molecule and biologic treatments concentrating on the molecular foundation of sickness. Authored through overseas specialists within the fields of neurosurgery, neurology, radiology, and radiation oncology, this ebook offers cutting-edge therapies and discussions of perfect remedy. this article is aimed toward practitioners within the fields of neurology, neurosurgery, neuroradiology, radiation oncology, rehabilitation medication and allied fields who take care of sufferers with mind and spinal vascular malformations.
Read Online or Download Comprehensive Management of Arteriovenous Malformations of the Brain and Spine PDF
Similar neurology books
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis provides the main finished, clinically-focused info on ALS (Lou Gehrig's disorder) in print. the 3 authors, widely recognized for his or her paintings during this zone, offer cohesive and balanced insurance of this syndrome, together with the heritage, scientific beneficial properties, pathology and pathogenesis, therapy and administration of ALS.
This ground-breaking identify offers an interdisciplinary creation to the topic of Dependability and the way it applies in medication in general and in neurology particularly. Dependability is the time period utilized in engineering and to a provider that's secure, trustworthy and reliable. responsible structures use numerous the way to convey right provider within the face of uncertainty because of deceptive, misguided details, and glitches.
- Parkinson's Disease and Related Disorders Part II: Handbook of Clinical Neurology
- Therapeutic rTMS in Neurology: Principles, Evidence, and Practice Recommendations
- Pediatric Neurosurgery
- A PRACTICAL APPROACH TO NEUROPHYSIOLOGIC INTRAOPERATIVE MONITORING
- Tiefe Hirnstimulation: Ein Ratgeber für Betroffene bei Morbus Parkinson
Additional info for Comprehensive Management of Arteriovenous Malformations of the Brain and Spine
129. Sturiale CL, Gatto I, Puca A, et al. Association between the rs1333040 polymorphism on the chromosomal 9p21 locus and sporadic brain arteriovenous malformations. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2013;84:1059–62. 130. Holdt LM, Teupser D. Recent studies of the human chromosome 9p21 locus, which is associated with atherosclerosis in human populations. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 2012;32:196–206. 131. Helgadottir A, Thorleifsson G, Magnusson KP, et al. The same sequence variant on 9p21 associates with myocardial infarction, abdominal aortic aneurysm and intracranial aneurysm.
110. Thiex R, Mulliken JB, Revencu N, et al. A novel association between RASA1 mutations and spinal arteriovenous anomalies. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 2010;31:775–9. 15 Section 1: Development, anatomy, and physiology of AVMs 111. Lesca G, Olivieri C, Burnichon N, et al. Genotype–phenotype correlations in hereditary hemorrhagic telangiectasia: data from the French-Italian HHT network. Genet Med 2007;9:14–22. 122. Mikhak B, Weinsheimer S, Pawlikowska L, et al. Angiopoietin-like 4 (ANGPTL4) gene polymorphisms and risk of brain arteriovenous malformations.
Doxycycline suppresses cerebral matrix metalloproteinase-9 and angiogenesis induced by focal hyperstimulation of vascular endothelial growth factor in a mouse model. Stroke 2004;35:1715–19. 97. Faughnan ME, Palda VA, Garcia-Tsao G, et al. International guidelines for the diagnosis and management of hereditary haemorrhagic telangiectasia. J Med Genet 2011;48:73–87. 98. Shovlin CL. Hereditary haemorrhagic telangiectasia: pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment. Blood Rev 2010;24:203–19. 99. Bharatha A, Faughnan ME, Kim H, et al.
Comprehensive Management of Arteriovenous Malformations of the Brain and Spine by Robert F. Spetzler, Douglas S. Kondziolka, Randall T. Higashida, M. Yashar S. Kalani